Monday, June 22, 2009

The 'Loves You' list is back!

The 'Loves You' list is something we started to help calm Clay down when he was a newborn. We would cradle him close and start down the list. Mama loves you, Daddy loves you, Grandma loves you, Grandpa loves you, GG loves you. The list goes on to include aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. When I would tell Clay that I love him I always felt like I was leaving so many out. He is loved by many people. And so started the 'Loves You' list. It was a wonderful list of family and friends that I would whisper as I cradled him. Saying the list also helped to center me when I was exhausted, drained and emotional from recently giving birth. At some point the list was put aside for back patting, book reading and singing lullabies. But the other night Clay was on the verge of sleep. However, he looked as if he still needed something. I started the 'Loves You' list. His body relaxed and he drifted off into sweet sleep. It warms my heart that the 'Loves You' list is back. Thank you to everyone on the list for all of your love. We truly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment