Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dino Days

Clay has been on a dinosaur kick lately. Last night at the dinner table he started singing, "I don't know what's going on with the dinosaur, dinosaur, DINOSAUR". It's an original piece that impressed his father and myself. We all rocked out to his song the rest of the evening. Today I thought I would be a super cool mom and make dinosaur cookies with him. I had made the sugar dough for cut out cookies yesterday. As one would expect, my three year old's attention span is not extraordinarily long. So when I make sugar dough I divide it up and bake small batches when he or I feel inspired. He happily rolls the dough, cuts out the shapes and decorates them with whatever goodies we have like raisins, chocolate chips, cereal and coconut. He usually maxes out at about 4-5 cookies. Today the dinosaur cookies where no different. We made t-rex, brontosaurus, triceratops and stegosaurus cookies. After his nap he sat at the table with a glass of milk and marveled at his creations. I gave him his choice of dino cookies, triceratops was the winner. He drank his milk but did not take a single bite of his cookie. Puzzled, I asked him why? "But Mommy, I can't eat the triceratops. It will hurt and he'll be sad and he'll lose his beautiful tail."

3 comments:

  1. I am smiling, thanks for visiting my blog, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a sweetie.

    And that's a great idea to divide up sugar cookie dough into small, preschooler-attention-span batches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWww...that is cute! What a sweet guy. Sounds like a fun activity - hope he eventually enjoyed eating them :)

    ReplyDelete